- Punishment and treatment must be combined
- Crunching the numbers; why I say almost all medical marijuana patients are faking it.
- Why Democrats should steer clear of the marijuana lobby
- Medical Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked; the medical profession should work to keep smoking marijuana illegal.
- Reasons Medical Marijuana is bad for Arizona
A doctor’s opi… on Medical Marijuana Should Never…
Author Archives: Edward Gogek
Good article in today’s Washington Post about a drug-addicted prostitute who couldn’t stay clean, and died on the streets. We can help these people, but first we have to tell liberals and conservatives they’re both wrong. Liberals say addiction is a … Continue reading
I’ve been asked a few times to explain why I say almost every one of the marijuana cardholders in Arizona is probably a substance abuser faking their illness just to get the pot. Pain patients are about 55 percent … Continue reading
Many Democrats have become closely allied with the pro-marijuana movement. In Colorado, where voters approved a constitutional amendment legalizing pot, the Democratic Party had already put support for legalization in their platform. In Montana, where Republicans tried to overturn the … Continue reading
Medical Marijuana Should Never Be Smoked; the medical profession should work to keep smoking marijuana illegal.
Arizona physicians, health care providers & concerned citizens: Please contact Arizona Department of Health Services (DHS) by January 7, 2011 to give feedback on the proposed regulations for medical marijuana. Once there, click on the Electronic Comment Form. This post … Continue reading
Here are Seven Reasons to oppose medical marijuana… 1) Most of the marijuana will go to drug abusers; less than 3 percent will go to the seriously ill. 2) Prop 203 will increase teenage marijuana use, and it will hurt … Continue reading
Proposition 203 is basically dishonest. The ballot says it’s for “terminally or seriously ill patients,” but in other states that passed similar laws, anyone can get pot, and hardly any goes to the seriously ill. In Montana 3 percent of … Continue reading
2) Proposition 203 will hit teenagers the hardest. States with medical marijuana laws have far higher rates of teenage marijuana use, and teens who smoke pot regularly do worse in school and in life. Research shows that teenagers who smoke … Continue reading
3) If Prop 203 passes, there will be more DUIs and more fatal auto accidents. The research on stoned driving and the reports from states with medical marijuana laws make it clear, when it comes to driving, marijuana poses all … Continue reading
Prop 203 says only licensed physicians can write marijuana recommendations. That sounds good because we assume doctors will only use it to treat genuinely sick people. But instead what happens is a handful of doctors set up practices where … Continue reading
Prop 203 protects pot-smokers in ways we’d never tolerate for people who abused alcohol or prescription drugs. Prop 203 says marijuana cardholders can’t be prosecuted for DUI based solely on “the presence of metabolites or components of marijuana that appear … Continue reading